Reflexology is based on the principle that there are reflexes in our feet, hands & ears and they correspond to all parts of our body - glands and organs. By applying specific pressure to the feet, hands or ears reflexology can relieve stress and tension, increase circulation and promote relaxation.
Reflexologists Do Not treat specific conditions, diagnose or prescribe (as we are not doctors), we also do not use instruments or machines.
Although a reflexologist does not treat specific conditions Alison has seen clients with a wide variety of health concerns including the following conditions: back/neck problems, digestive problems, arthritis, pain, fibromyalgia, migraines, headaches, menstrual/ menopausal problems, fertility issues and cancer, just to name a few. The benefits that clients have indicated range from sleeping better, improved elimination decrease in pain to decrease in symptoms and improvement to their condition.
The Benefits from a Reflexology session:
- Reduction of stress and tension (70-80% of illness is related to stress)
- Improves blood and nerve supply to all areas of the body
- Stimulates the lymphatic system which will boost the immune system
- Improves circulation which will aid in elimination of excessive waste products and fluids in the body
- Increase oxygen from the lungs to all tissues
- Promotes the natural function of the body
A typical reflexology session is 45-60 minutes. A health intake form is filled out to find out where you are at with your health and what your goals or expectations are for the session. When people think of reflexology they mainly think of the feet. Alison is certified in foot, hand and ear reflexology and will use a combination of these as needed. Often points on the hands or ears are show to clients so that they may work themselves in between sessions.
Please contact Alison to make your appointment:
email me »